We have other modalities that we can use if you don’t feel comfortable with needles.
1. Cupping – Is typically done with a plastic or glass cup placed on the skin, then the air inside the cup is suctioned or vacuumed out.
2. Guasha – Is an alternative therapy that involves scraping one’s skin with a massage tool to improve circulation while reducing inflammation/adhesions.
3. Tuina – Is a style of massage that stimulates the flow of circulation to promote balance and harmonize the body.
4. Ear seeds – They are a form of auriculotherapy, which use acupressure points in the ear to stimulate organs and other parts of the body.
5. Acupressure – Putting pressure on specific acupuncture points to help release muscle tension and promote blood circulation.
6. Tuning Forks – Tuning forks can be placed on acupuncture points to stimulate the point much like what needles do.
7. Pointer Plus – Much like a TENS unit the pointer plus sends out controlled electrical pulses through the skin to stimulate muscles and nerves.